Group Product Manager - Color Products
The Group Product Manager, Color Products is the lead advocate for certain people and products (including Supplies/Accessories) within Roland DGA. This individual manages the products most closely associated with Roland’s core markets of sign, screen, textile, and display graphics production and has accountability for managing personnel, budgets, timelines and resources for those product lines, which include SOLJET, VersaCAMM, TrueVis, VersaExpress, VersaUV, and CAMM-1. Additionally, the Group Product Manager manages the personnel responsible for Roland DGA’s supplies and accessories portfolio. The Group Product Manager will manage product related communications internally, to customers, and to Roland DG.
This person will manage Roland DGAs hardware evaluation program, lead in the collection and distribution of competitive research, manage a team responsible for developing and distributing technical product information and maintain internal, dealer, vendor and customer communications. The Group Product Manager will manage project resource requirements for the product management group for his/her specified products. This position has a high degree of domestic and international visibility.
In order to successfully accomplish these requirements the Group Product Manager will manage direct and indirect reports and have ultimate responsibility for go to market strategies, positioning, program management, competitive analysis, product launch and life cycle. In addition the Group Product Manager will develop research strategies and methodologies designed to capture voice of the market information in order to accurately report industry requirements to product development and guide future product direction. The Group Product Manager works closely with marketing teams to create and execute strategies as well as with our regional sales managers, the director of sales, and the Vice President of Sales and Marketing to maintain an overall perspective of the strategic, global vision of product management, Roland DG and Roland DGA Corporation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Manage direct and indirect reports
- Manage budgets for the Product Management Group he/she is responsible for
- Oversee the Supplies and Accessories Product Manager to identify and commercialize new products
- Support the requirements of the Technical Services department by developing new training and support tools
- Research & profile new market verticals, needs analysis, & go-to-market strategies
- Oversee new product launches – including media/ink/accessories
- Oversee the management of existing product lines
- Manage product launches with sales, operations, overseas R&D and marketing.
- Manage product improvements/lifecycle extensions
- Manage communications with sales, operations, overseas R&D and marketing
- Position new products into existing product line
- Manage the development and delivery of Product demonstrations
- Evaluate new technologies
- Support key customers
- Key product liaison with Roland DG product development
- Manage partnerships with third-party technology providers.
- Manage the development and distribution of product information: Intranet, dealer bulletins, tech/inside sales training.
- Manage and contribute to media communication – coordinate with marketing on media contacts
- Travel as necessary for business tradeshow, customer site surveys, dealer events, channel development
- Overall product sales performance
- Outcome of achievement of goals and meeting deadlines
- Successful management of product management group
- Successful delivery of product messaging and positioning to field sales, dealers and customers
Education/Certification: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing with product management and/or product marketing management experience. An MBA with an emphasis in marketing is a plus. Previous sales experience also required.
- Marketing generalist with a very strong product marketing and technical differentiation background.
- Global perspective of wide format outdoor durable graphics and textile markets
- Solid understanding of WF inkjet applications & media required for such applications
- Good technical understanding to translate technical features into key benefits and differentiators; as well as to convert key requirements into key product specifications
- Strong understanding of marketing
- Familiarity with existing industry wide format print industry users and manufacturers is a plus
- Technical understanding of specific applications software and outstanding computer/PC skills. Must be comfortable with current graphic applications: Photoshop, Illustrator, and CorelDraw.
- 5+ years managing direct and/or indirect reports
- 5+ years experience in a marketing organization, with a focus on product marketing / management
- Ability to manage timelines and establish clearly defined goals and objectives
- Ability to coach, manage and mentor a diverse group of professionals
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Must convey product enthusiasm, energy and commitment
- Successfully manage change in a fast-growing company and dynamic industry
- Proactive product management skills
- Reactive problem resolution skills
- Ability to identify and develop employee strengths
- Excellent Oral and written communication
- Strong presentation development and delivery skills a must
- Ability to work closely with and lead programs for Sales, Marketing, Support, and Product Development
- Able to effectively manage individuals one on one and in a team environment
- Results-oriented, mature, innovative
- Proven ability to contribute to and manage marketing strategic plans.
- Must have excellent overall PC computing skills, including a thorough familiarity with MS Office applications in document composition, spreadsheet creation, and presentation management.
Roland DGA Corporation complies with all fair employment regulations.
Roland DGA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, with a policy ensuring that all employees and potential employees are considered for all positions on the basis of their qualifications and abilities without regard to race, color, sex, religion, pregnancy, ancestry, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability or other legally protected status.
About Roland DGA
Click here to learn more about Roland DGA
Please send your resumes to HR@RolandDGA.com Please include your salary history and current salary requirement.
No phone calls please.